Adds a PayPal donation shortcode and sidebar Widget to WordPress. The options menu lets you setup you PayPal ID and a few other optional settings. You can choose which donation button you want to use or if you want to use your own button. You can also set an optional default purpose and reference which can be overridden on each inserted instance with the shortcode options or in the Widget settings. There is also options available for currency, localization of the button, custom payment page style and the return page.
In the Appearance -> Widgets you’ll find the PayPal Donations widget. After adding it to your sidebar you can enter a title for the Widget, some descriptive text that will appear above the button and specify an optional purpose and reference for the donation button to override the default settings.
Insert the button in your pages or posts with this shortcode
Which is the simplest option, and uses all default and optional settings. If you want to make a specific button for a specific purpose you can add additional options. Example:
[paypal-donation purpose="Spline Importer" reference="3D Plugins"]
This donation plugin generates valid XHTML Transitional and Strict code.
The following language translations are already available in the plugin:
- Albanian (sq_AL)
- Danish (da_DK)
- Dutch (nl_NL)
- French (fr_FR)
- German (de_DE)
- Hebrew (he_IL)
- Italian (it_IT)
- Lithuanian (lt_LT)
- Malay – Bahasa Melayu (ms_MY)
- Norwegian bokmål
- Romanian (ro_RO)
- Russian (ru_RU)
- Spanish (es_ES)
- Swedish (sv_SE)
- Turkish (tr_TR)
- Upload the ‘paypal-donations’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activez l’extension par l’intermédiaire du menu « Extensions » de WordPress.
- Go to Settings -> PayPal Donations and start entering your info.
- Deactivate PayPal Donations in the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- After Deactivation a ‘Delete’ link appears below the plugin name, follow the link and confim with ‘Yes, Delete these files’.
- This will delete all the plugin files from the server as well as erasing all options the plugin has stored in the database.
Where can I get support?
Please visit the Support Forum
for questions, answers, support and feature requests.
Contributeurs & développeurs
« Donations via PayPal » est un logiciel libre. Les personnes suivantes ont contribué à cette extension.Contributeurs
- Added a settings link in the plugin’s menu so it can be accessed easily.
- PHP8 compatibility improvements.
- Updated the PayPal button image URLs to the new URLs to remove the auto-redirect on them.
- Removed a deprecated function for PHP 7.2.1
- Added a new filter that allows overriding of the paypal email address dynamically.
- Added sanitization and escaping where appropriate.
- Added the do_shortcode filtering call on widget_text.
- WordPress 4.4 compatibility.
- Added a new filter that will allow tweaks to localize the button image on a multi-lingual website.
- Added PayPal IPN validation option.
- Fixed an issue with saving the custom image URL for the donate button in the admin interface.
- WordPress 4.2 compatibility
- WordPress 4.1 compatibility
- WordPress 4.0 compatibility
- Updated documentation page links
Version 1.8.5 – 21 Sep 2014
- Add support for PayPal Sandbox.
- Update Swedish translation.
Version 1.8.4 – 5 May 2014
- Additional currencies: Malaysian Ringgit, Russian Ruble.
- Additional Checkout Languages: Belgium, Switzerland, Poland, Russia.
- Removes PHP notice when running WordPress in debug mode.
Version 1.8.3 – 11 Apr 2014
- Adds a Remove Line Feeds option on the Advanced tab, that makes the PayPal
form output not be affected if using a theme or a plugin that modifies
WordPress to start auto styling shortcodes/widgets.
Version 1.8.2 – 22 Mar 2014
- Adds the option to have PayPal open in a new tab.
Version 1.8.1 – 27 Apr 2013
- Various minor code improvements.
- Bumps required WordPress version to v3.0.
- Updated Romanian Translation by Denis Ciumbargi.
Version 1.8 – 9 Mar 2013
- Added tabbed navigation in the plugin admin settings, and moved Extras into
the advanced tab.
- Updated the admin input fields in size to follow WordPress standard layout.
- Implemented return method, as an advanced option.
- Updated administration to use WordPress Settings API.
- Updated Swedish translation.
Version 1.7 – 19 Feb 2013
- Moved the development to
- Refactored code to comply with the PSR-2 standard.
- Bumped minimum PHP version to 5.2.4.
- Bumped minimum required WordPress version to WordPress 2.8.
Version 1.6 – 13 Mar 2012
- Added an option under extras to set a PayPal checkout language.
- Added filter
paypal_donations_purpose_html, to allow tweaking the default
hidden form input element for purpose.
- Included Romanian translation by Marko Pozner.
Version 1.5 – 9 Jan 2012
- Added an option to disable PayPal statistics tracking image.
- Added an option to center the button by overriding the theme CSS.
Version 18.104.22.168 – 23 Oct 2011
- Included Malay – Bahasa Melayu translation by Amir Shariff.
Version 22.214.171.124 – 3 Sep 2011
- Added filter ‘paypal_donations_url’, to hook into the URL used, to be able to
try the button against PayPal’s Sandbox for instance.
- Added filter ‘paypal_donations_amount’, to hook into the set amount before
rendering the button.
- Included Lithuanian translation by Nata Strazda.
- Changed the plugin class name from paypal_donations to Paypal_Donations.
Version 126.96.36.199 – 22 May 2011
- Included Norwegian translations by Tore Johnny Bråtveit.
Version 188.8.131.52 – 18 Apr 2011
- Added Turkish Lira (TRY) to the list of currencies.
Version 184.108.40.206 – 02 Apr 2011
- Added four new currencies that PayPal supports for donations to choose from:
Brazilian Real (BRL), Taiwan New Dollar (TWD), Philippine Peso (PHP), Thai
Version 220.127.116.11 – 08 Jan 2011
- Included Turkish translation by Ersan Özdil.
Version 1.4.9 – 08 Jul 2010
- Included Dutch translation by WP webshop.
Version 1.4.8 – 29 Jun 2010
- Added shortcode for button_url.
- Removed a few deprecated functions from the code.
- Included German translation by Rian Kremer.
Version 1.4.7 – 30 Apr 2010
- Included Spanish translation by Neoshinji.
Version 1.4.6 – 19 Feb 2010
- Included Italian translation by Gianni Diurno.
- Updated the .pot file to include the latest strings for translations.
Version 1.4.5 – 28 Nov 2009
- Added shortcode for the return_page.
Version 1.4.4 – 4 Nov 2009
- Included Hebrew translation by Daniel Chcouri.
Version 1.4.3 – 15 Oct 2009
- Included Danish translation by Georg S. Adamsen.
Version 1.4.2 – 14 Oct 2009
- Included Albanian translation by Romeo Shuka.
Version 1.4.1 – 6 Sep 2009
- Corrected available language translations for the button graphics.
Version 1.4 – 6 Sep 2009
- Added a dropdown menu to select country and language to localize the graphics
of the donation button.
Version 1.3.3 – 2 Sep 2009
- Included French translation by Thomas Cailhe (Oyabi).
Version 1.3.2 – 28 Aug 2009
- Included Russian translation by FatCow.
Version 1.3.1 – 25 August 2009
- Added Swedish translation.
- Added the .pot file and textdomained all strings to allow translations.
Version 1.3 – 8 July 2009
- Added an option to set a default donation amount.
Version 1.2 – 18 June 2009
- Added a sidebar Widget (WordPress 2.8 or newer)
Version 1.1 – 23 May 2009
- Added an option to select the currency to make the donations in.
- Changed the default button in a new install from a custom button to the large
Version 1.0 – 7 May 2009
- Initial Release