Get alerted via email of file changes on your WordPress sites to boost reliability & security
There are many benefits you can take advantage of when you install this hassle-free file integrity monitor plugin on your website, such as:
* Keep track of the last code changes on your website for easier troubleshooting
* Identify leftover & backup files that can lead to sensitive business & technical data exposure
* Pinpoint malware injections early to avoid irreparable site damage
* Do the neccesary forensic work during a past-hack job
Keeping track and knowing of file changes on your WordPress website is a maintanence and security best practise every site owner should follow. This can only be done by installing a plugin. Use Melapress File Monitor to automatically scan your website for file changes.
The plugin alerts you of file changes via email. It helps you easily spot leftover files, and identify injected malware and code changes, so you can remove the files that could leave your website exposed and clean malware infections at the earliest possible.
Maintained & Supported by Melapress
Melapress builds high-quality WordPress security & site management plugins like WP Activity Log, the #1 WordPress activity log plugin. Browse our list of WordPress plugins that help you better manage and improve the security of your WordPress website.
Why Do You Need a website file integrity monitoring plugin?
No single WordPress security solution is bullet proof. Every solution has its shortcomings. A complete security solution is made up of a suite of tools and plugins that work together, allowing you to address all of your website’s security requirements. The more tools and security layers you build, the harder it will be for attackers to succeed. It also makes it easier for you to block malicious attacks, and monitor the site’s security and health.
The Melapress File Monitor plugin provides you with the much needed visibility of modifications that happen on your website’s file system. File changes on your WordPress website can be an early sign of a malicious hack attack or a technical problem. Hence why security professionals recommend a website files monitor plugin.
The Melapress File Monitor plugin helps you:
- Identify a possible hack attack during the early stages, allowing you to limit the damage
- Find where exactly backdoors, trojans and other malware are injected on your site
- Identify the infections and code changes during the post-hack forensics & cleanup
- Catch red-handed the exploitation of 0-day vulnerabilities on your site
- Ease the process of cleaning & recovering an infected hacked website
A Role Beyond WordPress Security
The scope of monitoring your website for file changes goes beyond detecting malicious attacks and malware infections. It is a WordPress website security and management best practice that can also help you:
- Check the integrity of your WordPress core files
- Find leftover files developers leave by mistake that could lead to sensitive information disclosure, such as backup files, database files etc
- Keep track of where developers are doing code changes on your WordPress site
- Troubleshoot and avoid unnecessary technical WordPress site problems
Melapress File Monitor Plugin Features
Melapress File Monitor is a very easy to use and zero admin plugin. Once installed it automatically starts scanning all the files on your WordPress site without requiring any manual intervention.
However don’t let the simplicity and automation fool you. Under the hood the Melapress File Monitor plugin is a fully blown and configurable tool that every WordPress site administrator should install on their WordPress sites and multisite network.
Instant Email Notifications
After a scan, the Melapress File Monitor plugin sends an email with the list of file changes it identifies on your WordPress sites and multisite networks.
The email includes all the details you require to keep tabs of the file changes on your website, such as:
* The filename and the path of the file
* A count of how many files were added, modified or deleted
* A highlight of the site admin changes that caused the file changes, such as the plugins or themes installs, uninstalls and updates.
No False Alarms – Just Genuine Alerts!
The Melapress File Monitor plugin uses an exclusive smart technology that detects WordPress core updates, plugins and themes installs, uninstalls and updates.
When you update the WordPress core, install a new plugin, update a theme, or delete a plugin it won’t flood you with hundreds of alerts prompting a false alarm! You only get alerted of genuine file changes that can have an effect on the functionality and security of your WordPress site!
Scans ALL Your Files, Including Custom Code
The Melapress File Monitor plugin can scan any type of file and it is not limited to WordPress and PHP files. Apart from the WordPress core files, plugins and themes files, it will also scan any other custom code files that you might have on your WordPress site.
It also compares the WordPress core files of your website to the list of files on the official WordPress repository, so it will also alert you if a WordPress core file has been tampered with, or changed.
To learn more on both the file integrity monitoring technologies the plugin uses refer to how the plugin detects file changes on WordPress
WordPress Multisite Networks Support
The Melapress File Monitor plugin can also detect file changes on WordPress multisite networks. When installed on a network, the plugin configuration and alerts are only available to the super administrators, preventing possible disclosure of sensitive information that could jeopardize the security of the sites on the network.
Other Notable Plugin Features
- Optimized scanning technology that does not affect the performance of your site
- Fully configurable file scan frequency (hourly, daily, weekly, time of the day)
- Instant file integrity scans with just a click of a button
- Ability to exclude directories, files and file types from the scan
- Configurable maximum file size to scan
- File changes data only available to administrators for better security
FREE Plugin Support
Support for the WordPress Files Monitor plugin is available for free via:
For any other queries, feedback, or if you simply want to get in touch with us please use our contact form.
As Featured On:
Further Reading & Information
The Melapress File Monitor plugin is developed by WP White Security, developers of niche WordPress security and admin plugins, including WP Activity Log, the most comprehensive WordPress activity log plugin.
- We share our thoughts and publish how to’s and guides on how to keep your website secure and manage it better on the Melapress Blog
- Learn more on file integrity monitoring for WordPress sites
- Refer to the definitive WordPress security guide for a practical guide to secure your WordPress website.
- Check out all the Melapress WordPress plugins.
Translate the plugin in your own language
If you want to help us translate this plugin in your own language please contact us. We will credit all translators.
From within WordPress
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Search for ‘Melapress File Monitor’
- Install & activate the Melapress File Monitor from your Plugins page.
- Download the plugin from the WordPress plugins repository
- Unzip the zip file and upload the
website-file-changes-monitorfolder to the
- Activate the Melapress File Monitor plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributeurs/contributrices & développeurs/développeuses
« Melapress File Monitor » est un logiciel libre. Les personnes suivantes ont contribué à cette extension.Contributeurs
- Added a PHP version check to stop activation of plugin is PHP is older than version 8.
- Plugin redesigned and redeveloped completely. This is not an update of the previous version but a completely new plugin. All current data will be removed once the update is installed and you will be required to configure the new version to your needs.