WordPress out of the box is smart enough to give you the ability to host downloads on your personal blog/website. If you deliver premium content for free to your users maybe you want to get a little bit of love from your consumers. With wpLike2Get you can protect your download or content until the user like, tweet or +1 your content.
Decide which type of social network
You decide between Facebooks like and send button, Twitters tweet or follow button and Google +1 button. You can decide for only one button, two, or all together.
Track with Google Analytics
You have the ability to track the button-clicks with Google Analytics.
The social media buttons are loaded when the shortcode was detected. [l2g id= »999″]. You can optional decide for a name of the downloadlink and you can select different social networks when you activated all on the wpLike2Get settings page. A complete shortcode for downloads looks like that: [l2g name= »Download this awesome file » id= »999″ facebook= »true » twitter= »true » gplusone= »false »]
a complete shortcode for hiding content looks like that: [l2g facebook= »true » twitter= »true » gplusone= »false »]here is your content to hide until user likes the content[/l2g]
- id => id of the attachment
- name => some text
- twitter => true|false
- facebook => true|false
- gplusone => true|false
- single => true|false if true show only on singular views (since v1.2.2)
- home_text => some text only displayed when single is true (since v1.2.2)
- like_url => url for all activated social networks to like
- facebook_url => add the url the user should like, will not detect likes from the past
- twitter_url => add the url the user should tweet/follow, will not detect likes from the past
- gplusone_url => add the url the user should plus, will not detect likes from the past
- Upload the
wplike2getfolder to the
- Activate the wpLike2Get plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin by going to the
wpLike2Getmenu that appears under
settingsin your admin menu
- Can I contact you for support questions?
Yes, but please use the wordpress.org forums. In the future I give no support via email anymore.
- Can I using it on old files?
Yes, you can use it also on files you uploaded before installing the plugin
- Can I hide also content, and not only downloads?
Yes, since version 1.2.0 you can also hide content before user like your post/page. Use following shortcode: [l2g]here is your content to hide until user likes the content[/l2g]
- How can I hide a social network on only one specific post/page?
Use the following options in the shortcode: facebook= »false », twitter= »false » or gplusone= »false »
- How can I add the ability to like a facebook fanpage?
Add the attribute like_url to your shortcode and add the url to it. If you want to like different things for every social network, use facebook_url, twitter_url or gplusone_url.
Contributeurs & développeurs
« wpLike2Get » est un logiciel libre. Les personnes suivantes ont contribué à cette extension.Contributeurs
1.2.9 | 24.05.2015
- integrate twitter widget without fixed http:// schema, transform to // (thanks to @Ciprian)
1.2.8 | 23.10.2014
- add the possibility to like any URL via custom shortcode (facebook_url, twitter_url, gplusone_url)
- add spanish translation (thanks to Andrew Kurtis from webhostinghub.com for the translation)
1.2.7 | 20.01.2014
- adding google analytics universal tracking
- remove the option where you can select your google analytics version. Most of you don’t know the version, it is detected automatically now
1.2.6 | 21.10.2013
- fixed a copy & paste bug. sorry!
1.2.5 | 21.10.2013
- fixed a bug, where google analytics tracking for twitter is not working
1.2.4 | 08.10.2013
- fixed php warning « Creating default object from empty value »
1.2.3 | 08.01.2013
- full compatibility for wordpress 3.5
- including french language file (thanks to @oweb (http://www.office-web.net) for the translation)
1.2.2 | 19.10.2012
- feature: adding an option to show buttons only on singular views (thanks @tiagosgd for feature-request)
- feature: adding option to set facebook language
- bugfix: some default options not observed
- bugfix: show love to developer is not working
- add a amazon wishlist widget to options page sidebar
1.2.1 | 10.09.2012
- fixing an error with G+ Plugin. User can’t see hidden content when using G+.
- fixing array_merge warning on activating plugin
- integrating PressTrends Plugin API
1.2.0 | 12.03.2012
- you can now also hiding content before user like the post/page (thanks to Ovidiu for the feature suggestion)
- using this feature you can use the [l2g] shortcode: [l2g]here is your content to hide until user likes the content[/l2g]
- this feature is not implemented like the download link (requesting the link via ajax), the content is only hidden in the html output
1.1.0 | 24.02.2012
- refactoring plugin code for a more wordpress standard code base
- adding standard css styles to the button, so after activating plugin, you can use it without adding any css styles
1.0 | 10.02.2012
- initial release