The plugin will be handy for those who need to manage a lot of media files.
Categorize by Anything!
- Unlimited categories & tags for media items
- Unlimited custom taxonomies: create in a few clicks
- Unlimited third-party taxonomies: assign to the media library
- Show / hide data, author, taxonomy filters
- Per taxonomy filters
- Configurable outcome of the filtering: include / exclude child categories
Bibliothèque Media Améliorée
- Show captions: title, filename, or caption field for each media item
- Bulk selection: no special mode anymore, faster editing
- Drag’n’Drop re-order right in the media library
- Infinite scroll and manageable loads per page options
Dynamic Galleries / Playlists
Additional parameters for the [gallery] and [playlist] shortcodes:
media_categoryor any other taxonomy
limitof media items to show
MIME Types Management
Add or remove file types, allow or disallow uploading. The plugin incorporates a file type into media filters if you wish.
Feels Native to WordPress
We spent hours to make Enhanced Media Library operates as though it were native WordPress functionality. All plugin features are incorporated into WordPress UI seamlessly.
- Core hooks just work for media taxonomies and media items
- All taxonomies supported: custom and code-registered
- REST API supported out of the box
- No custom tables in the database
- Deactivation makes no harm to data: all media items and taxonomies remain after deactivation
Export / Import / Restore Plugin Settings
If you need to move your media library to another website you should export and import WordPress content with WordPress built-in export/import. But to make the Enhanced Media Library work on the new site with the same settings you are provided with the export/import feature.
Network activate the plugin and choose which options will be available to your admins. In the PRO version, the license key should be activated once for the whole network.
Bibliothèque Média Améliorée PRO
Additional comfort and even more convenient way to organize WordPress media library:
- Unlimited & Super-Fast Bulk Edit
- User-friendly dynamic galleries / playlists: all options set with dropdowns and checkboxes, no « coding »
- Advanced search: filter media items by just typing the first letters of its name in the search field
- Auto-Categorize for post media items
Support is free for both versions of the plugin. « PRO »-users do not have priority. We do our best to respond in 24 hours if not sooner.
Compatible with the Plugins:
- Advanced Custom Fields
- FooGallery – How to use?
- Anything Order by Terms
- Search & Filter
- Document Gallery
- Jetpack Carousel
- Jetpack Tiled Galleries
- Simple Lightbox
- Justified Gallery
- Meow Gallery
- Meow Lightbox
- Slick Slider
- Responsive Lightbox & Gallery
- Compress JPEG & PNG Images (TinyPNG)
Please let us know if you find any issue with the plugins from the list above or others.
Please notice that you use Enhanced Media Library with other plugins that add media categories, media folders, or manage MIME Types at your own risk. We cannot guarantee their compatibility because of the different approaches to the same functionality. We do not recommend using other media library (folder) plugin at the same time with the Enhanced Media Library. Please choose the one you prefer.
Upload plugin folder to ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
Activate the plugin through
Pluginsmenu in WordPress admin
Adjust plugin’s settings on
Settings > Media
Enjoy Enhanced Media Library!
Contributeurs & développeurs
« Bibliothèque Media Améliorée » est un logiciel libre. Les personnes suivantes ont contribué à cette extension.Contributeurs
“Bibliothèque Media Améliorée” a été traduit dans 11 locales. Remerciez l’équipe de traduction pour ses contributions.
Le développement vous intéresse ?
Release Date – January 09, 2022
- Infinite scroll and manageable loads per page options added
- SVG full support ensured
- Taxonomy archive pages improved – are now fully disabled and not indexed if chosen
- Compatibility with SimpLy Gallery Blocks plugin added
Release Date – August 26, 2021
- Media Library Grid Mode: « More Details » / « Less Details » button improved to remember the latest choice after page reload
- Better third-party admin menu compatibility
- Compatibility for Impreza theme categories added
Date de sortie – 8 Juin 2017
- Enfold theme masonry gallery (latest version) compatibility ensured
- Edit image wrong link fixed for the Grid mode
Release Date – August 5, 2021
- WordPress 5.8 compatibility ensured
- A minor ACF-related bug fixed
Release Date – April 10, 2021
- A critical bug of v2.8.4 fixed (FooGallery related)
- A few minor bugs fixed
Release Date – April 9, 2021
- A bug with a category checkbox not showing unchecked after deselecting a category fixed
- A bug with taxonomy archive pages are being actually empty instead of 404 fixed
- FooGallery compatibility with EML dynamic galleries added, see how to use Dynamic FooGalleries
Release Date – March 9, 2021
- Taxonomy archive pages mechanism improved. When the pages are disabled (404) they are no more accessible by friendly URLs
- Compatibilité avec WordPress 4.7 assurée.
Release Date – December 9, 2020
- WordPress 5.0 – 5.6 minor compatibility issues resolved
Release Date – October 29, 2020
- Enfold theme compatibility error fixed
- The bug with ACF’s panel expand fixed
- Bugs mineurs résolus.
- Allowed MIME Types upload improved
- Scroll to a selected media item improved (Media Library Grid Mode)
- PRO only: Faster Select All
Release Date – October 11, 2020
- Critical WP core compatibility issues fixed
- Gallery and Playlist editing bug fixed
- Image uploading issue fixed
- ACF attachment custom fields – better compatibility
- Enfold Theme: added
[av_masonry_gallery]shortcode compatibility with media category parameters like
- PRO only: The bulk Save Changes button is disabled by default since v2.8 for new plugin installations. All changes are being made on the fly. If you prefer the button, you can enable it at Settings > Media Taxonomies > Bulk Edit > Save Changes button.
My sincere apologies to everyone hurt by the absence of EML updates last year. The plugin is not abandoned, its development will continue.
Release Date – September 13, 2018
- Compatibility with Smush (WP SmushIt) plugin ensured
Release Date – September 11, 2018
[playlist]broken shortcode bug fixed
- « Image not uploading », « Can’t add featured image », « Media library right sidebar gone » and possibly some other situations common bug fixed.
- PRO only: hidden filters bug fixed
- A few minor bugs fixed, some minor code improvements made
Release Date – September 10, 2018
- Better workflow for saving categories in both single item and bulk edit: everything is being saved on the fly by default (Save Changes button is now optional)
- Better layout for the Media Library
[playlist]shortcodes now understand media category slugs, not only IDs
- Multisite « Unify Media Settings over Network » option added
- Taxonomy fields are now always at the end of other fields in Attachment Details
- Admin Menu Editor compatibility added
- Multisite performance issue fixed
- Admin titles for plugin settings pages fixed
- Natural sort order bug – not showing media items with the same titles – fixed
data[caption_type]not found bug fixed
Release Date – May 23, 2018
Addresses various issues of all previous 2.6.x versions
- Various multisite bugs fixed, including the user deletion bug
- A bug causing memory leak on websites with thousands of users fixed
- A few bugs causing admin crash in PHP less than 5.5 fixed
- PRO only: a few update issues fixed including persistent update message bug
- Elementor CSS-compatibility added (a temporary solution, we are still working on the full compatibility)
Release Date – May 18, 2018
- Filter by authors added
- « Filters to show » option added: show/hide filters by File Type Date, Author, Media Taxonomies
- « Include children » option added: include (or not) media items of child media categories when filtering
- PRO only: Search options added: what to (or not to) include to the default search: Titles, Captions, Descriptions, Authors, Media Taxonomies
- « Show caption » option added for the Grid Mode
- Full multisite support added (documentation is coming)
- Natural sort order for galleries and archive pages ensured
- Plugin’s menu improved
- Plugin options are re-grouped to be more consistent
- PRO only: Updating mechanism improved
- Media taxonomies creation mechanism revised to allow non-ASCII characters like Chinese in taxonomy names
- Taxonomy archive pages disabled by default since this version (for new installations)
- A lot of small security improvements
- Custom order for a taxonomy archive page fixed
- Position of WordPress core messages in the Grid Mode fixed
- A lot of small bugs fixed