This is the first (and as of today the only) WordPress plugin for the open archive HAL.
It will allow you to display on your blog publications associated with authors and other entities (structures, collections, research projects).
All data is fetched from the HAL’s website.
- PHP 7.0 or higher
- WordPress 5.0 or higher
- cURL extension in php.ini
- Desactivate the plugin if you have a previous version installed.
- Unzip the archive and put all files into a specific older in the directory /wp-content/plugins/, e.g. /wp-content/plugins/hal.
- Activate the plugin via Appearance/Plugins menu in WordPress admin panel.
- In WordPress admin dashboard, go to HAL and modify global parameters for retrieving publications on your blog page.
- Create your page and add the shortcode [cv-hal] to fetch data based on the criteria specified in the first step.
NB: you can directly add parameters to your shortcode, e.g. [cv-hal id=2497 type=structId_i].
For more information, please check the FAQ, our generic documentation as well as our documentation on HAL’s API.
In WordPress admin dashboard, go to Appearance/Plugins to configure the widget.
How can I contact the support team?
You can contact the support team at the following email address: hal.support[at]ccsd.cnrs.fr.
How to insert data into my page?
Just create a page and put the shortcode [cv-hal] in your content. As simple as that.
What can I do to customize the content from within the shortcode?
You can add parameters to your shortcode, e.g. [cv-hal id=184 type=authStructId_i].
- IdHAL (sequence of characters) = authIdHal_s
- Author identifier (numeric) = authId_i
- Author associated with a specific structure identifier (numeric) = authStructId_i
- Structure identifier (numeric) = structId_i
- Collection identifier (sequence of characters) = collCode_s
- ANR Project identifier (numeric) = anrProjectId_i
- European Project identifier (numeric) = europeanProjectId_i
To retrieve contact information, add to the shortcode [cv-hal] the parameter contact taking the values yes and no, e.g. **[cv-hal contact=yes].
To display the number of documents, use the shortcode [nb-doc].
- You need to enable the php_curl extension. Navigate to Apache/bin directory, open the php.ini file and uncomment ;extension=php_curl.dll.
Contributeurs & développeurs
« HAL » est un logiciel libre. Les personnes suivantes ont contribué à cette extension.Contributeurs
Release Date – March 2022
- href pagination using query strings
- readme.txt updated
- comments in constantes.php updated
Release Date – October 2021
- menu displayed only when its items are selected
- sanitizer added to the global settings form
- strings escaped when echoing
- constants, functions and classes renamed to avoid conflicts
Release Date – March 2021
- translation corrected for some document types
- research teams full list displaying fixed
- unnecessary pagination button not displayed when the current page is the first or last one
- checks added to avoid PHP notices
- WP HTTP API used for HTTP requests
Release Date – December 2020
- compatibility with WordPress 5.6 RC tested
- support for PHP 8.0 added
- API call data caching using https://developer.wordpress.org/apis/handbook/transients/ added
- default type/id not mandatory when shortcode parameters indicated
- documentation explaining the usage of [cv-hal] shortcode with parameters updated
Release Date – May 2020
- Pagination patch works, thanks to @yoannspace
Release Date – 6 December 2019
- WP_PROXY* options can be used, all cURL calls now made in a sub
- Warnings fixed
- Some HTML code fixed
- Other code reformatted
Release Date – 25 March 2019
- Warning fixed for PHP 7.3
Release Date – 11 January 2019
- More precise date filter for last publications
Release Date – 28 September 2018
- Identifier authId_i added
Release Date – 14 February 2017
- Some code updated
Release Date – 3 February 2017
- Identifier types updated: structId_i for structures and authStructId_i for authors associated with a specific structure identifier
Release Date – 24 January 2017
- CSS updated
Release Date – 07 December 2016
- Libraries jQplot and PieRenderer loaded for the metadata Disciplines
Release Date – 28 July 2016
- Minor bugs fixed
Release Date – 23 March 2016
- Shortcode [nb-doc] for displaying the number of documents added
- Possibility to display contact information for a researcher with an IdHAL
Release Date – 18 March 2016
- Bug fix for publications having a DocType
- Each DocType block has a CSS class, e.g. grp-div-ART
Release Date – 16 March 2016
- Bug fix for metadata syncing with HAL
- Bug fix for buttons using the theme Twenty Sixteen (CSS)
Release Date – 7 March 2016
- cURL API request removed for DocType
- New JSON repository with DocType created => performance improved
Release Date – 17 February 2016
- Citation Full changed to Citation Ref (shorter)
- You can now add parameters to the shortcode [cv-hal] (e.g. [cv-hal id=184 type=authStructId_i]), which will give you the possibility to retrieve different data on different pages. If no parameters given, global settings will be used
- Bug fix for URL links in Metadata tabs
- Performance improved
Release Date – 9 February 2016
- Verification for cURL extension added to PHP config
- Minor front-end updates for Publications
- Translation added for DocType
- DocType sorted alphabetically (e.g. ART, COMM, etc.)
- Each item has a class or an identifier
- You can add a stylesheet called cvhal.css to the CSS directory to override the plugin styles
- Verification for cURL extension added to PHP config
- New interface to personalize your widget: number of documents to show, display type (title or citation)
- Multiple identifiers separated by commas allowed
Release Date – 21 January 2016
- USER_AGENT set for cURL
- Conditions added for calling the HAL’s API
Release Date – 15 January 2016
- Some bug fixes
Release Date – 7 September 2015
- Bootstrap deleted
- New appearance for the plugin