Login LockDown records the IP address and timestamp of every failed login attempt. If more than a certain number of attempts are detected within a short period of time from the same IP range, then the login function is disabled for all requests from that IP address. This helps to prevent brute force password discovery and attacks.
The plugin defaults to a 1 hour lock out of an IP block after 3 failed login attempts within 5 minutes. This can be modified in options. Administrators can release locked out IP ranges manually from the panel.
Configure the plugin from Settings – Login LockDown
- Extract the zip file into your plugins directory into its own folder.
- Activate the plugin in the Plugin options.
- Customize the settings from Settings – Login LockDown panel.
Contributeurs & développeurs
« Login LockDown – Protect Login Form » est un logiciel libre. Les personnes suivantes ont contribué à cette extension.Contributeurs
“Login LockDown – Protect Login Form” a été traduit dans 1 locale. Remerciez l’équipe de traduction pour ses contributions.
Le développement vous intéresse ?
- WebFactory took over development
- a full rewrite will follow soon, for now we patched some urgent things
- prefixed function names that are in global namespace
- properly escaped all inputs
ver. 1.8.1 30-Sep-2019
adding missing ./languages folder
ver. 1.8 30-Sep-2019
fixed issues with internationalization, added .pot file
changed the credit link to default to not showing
ver. 1.7.1 13-Sep-2016
fixed bug causing all ipv6 addresses to get locked out if 1 was
- added in WordPress MultiSite functionality
- fixed bug where subnets could be overly matched, causing more IPs to be blocked than intended
moved the report for locked out IP addresses to its own tab
ver. 1.6.1 8-Mar-2014
fixed html glitch preventing options from being saved
ver. 1.6 7-Mar-2014
cleaned up deprecated functions
- fixed bug with invalid property on a non-object when locking out invalid usernames
- fixed utilization of $wpdb->prepare
- added more descriptive help text to each of the options
added the ability to remove the « Login form protected by Login LockDown. » message from within the dashboard
ver. 1.5 17-Sep-2009
implemented wp_nonce security in the options and lockdown release forms in the admin screen
- fixed a security hole with an improperly escaped SQL query
- encoded certain outputs in the admin panel using esc_attr() to prevent XSS attacks
fixed an issue with the ‘Lockout Invalid Usernames’ option not functioning as intended
ver. 1.4 29-Aug-2009
removed erroneous error affecting WP 2.8+
- fixed activation error caused by customizing the location of the wp-content folder
- added in the option to mask which specific login error (invalid username or invalid password) was generated
added in the option to lock out failed login attempts even if the username doesn’t exist
ver. 1.3 23-Feb-2009
- adjusted positioning of plugin byline
allowed for dynamic location of plugin files
ver. 1.2 15-Jun-2008
now compatible with WordPress 2.5 and up only
ver. 1.1 01-Sep-2007
revised time query to MySQL 4.0 compatibility
ver. 1.0 29-Aug-2007